Friday, July 29, 2011

Drive-By Cleaning

Today, I came up with a new phrase for a very simple way to pick up the clutter--Drive-By Cleaning.  My inspiration came from the 27 Fling Boogie, another FlyLady technique.  Drive-By Cleaning is when you pick up or throw away something on your way to somewhere else.  My aha moment came to me after I got dressed today.  I saw my worst slippers, which I consider uncomfortable and dangerous;  so, I picked them up and tossed them in the trash.  I have been thinking about doing that for months;  but, my husband bought them for me, and I didn't want to hurt his feelings.  I tried to prepare him for this moment a couple of days ago, when I said, "Honey, I love the way these slippers look and feel, but I can't walk in them.  My feet always slip to the side:  I'm afraid I will trip in them."


How many times do we walk by something that needs to be picked up?  And why?  I haven't figured that out yet.  I still have 2 blouses that had to be hung to dry, which need to be put away--one on a hook in the hallway and one on the chandelier in the dining room. Go figure, they have been there for 4 days:  it would take less than a minute to put them away.  I think it is time to do more drive-by cleaning in my house.  How about yours?





No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah