Monday, September 30, 2013

Pampering Yourself and Cleaning -- 2 Important Steps



Take some time today to think about how you can do something special this week--something that will make you feel pampered -- something you want to do.  It doesn't have to be expensive, but it does have to be special time you have set aside for yourself.


I am still thinking about my special time, and whether I want to share it;  or, whether I need to do something by myself.  After I decide, I am going to schedule it. However, I know I have to be flexible.  My body may not cooperate.  It has not been cooperating all weekend.  I am either having a flare or I have an ear infection.  Either way, I have not been my happiest self for the whole weekend.  In that case, just sitting outside in the sun with a book may be my best thing I can do for myself, although I am kind of itching to go somewhere besides the doctor's office.  

May you all have a blessed week.  And for those of you who are wondering about a game plan for this week, I think we should tackle Zone 5, the living room.  If you would like further directions, take a look at FlyLady's zone for this week.  She has a basic plan and a more detailed one, which you can click on.  However, you remember to do what you can do.  You do not have to work for 15 minutes at a time:  you can work at 5 or 10 minutes.  The point is to do something.

Doing something does more than help clean your house.  It is good for your self-esteem.  When you work on one room at a time, I think you will find yourself more motivated to carry on getting rid of the clutter in your house in other rooms.   My goal is developing simplicity and routine in caring for my home.  What is yours?

P.S.  For those of you who may be thinking that you are always pampering yourselves, I want to note that caring for your health needs is not always something that makes one feel pampered.  It is work!  I am thinking of something that would be out of your usual weekly routine, something that would feel special.  It might be going to a coffee shop or going out to tea.  It could be going for a massage.  Or, it might be taking a candle light bath in your clean bathroom.  For some people, who have been inside too much, it might mean sitting on a bench in the park or taking a short walk... or going to a restaurant with a friend or spouse.  It might be getting a babysitter, and spending a whole afternoon by yourself doing only things you like to do.  Enjoy!  You are special; and, you should take the time to do something that you would  particularly enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah