|Rubbermaid Expandable Organizer|
Today, I started working in the kitchen drawers, because I got an idea for rearranging them from a magazine. Also, I had visited my sister, and she had utilized a plastic receptacle like one of mine a little differently. My cooking utensil drawer also needed straightening, so I decided to make some changes. I pulled the old switcheroo: my husband just
Cleaning Hints for Today: The Kitchen
- If you have not finished cleaning off counters, you need to work on that today. Use the directions from yesterday for that.
- Unload the dishwasher.
- Load the dishwasher and hand-wash the things that cannot go in the dishwasher.
- Wipe out your sink and wipe the counters.
- Remember, you should work in 15 minute increments or less.
- Look at your kitchen and decide if anything needs to be reorganized. Aim for one drawer or cabinet a day. I did three drawers today with breaks in between, because I was switching items into different drawers. I ended up with some things sitting on a counter without having decided where to put them. If I have enough energy, I will finish after dinner. If not, I will finish tomorrow.
|This is a Rubbermaid Organizer with |
a sliding section on top. You can
also lift the top off the bottom section.
*Note: This is a good time to get rid of the clutter. Utilize the principle of throw away, give away, put away. If you have not used an item in a year, it is likely you won't use it. However, I know there are items you only use a few times a year. You might want to put these things in their own drawer or shelf, rather than with your everyday utensils.
|It's easy to see your cutlery, even|
with a "second story."
|Bottom Section: I still have room.|
|Room for a few items on the side,|
outside the organizer.