Monday, June 10, 2013

Does Your Skin Crawl?

Image Courtesy of [noomhh]/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
How does a week go by so quickly?  It hardly seems possible it is Monday again.  Do you remember those long ago days when you thought Friday would never arrive?  Well, be prepared -- it is right around the corner.

My Focus is on my health needs this week.  I will still be doing things in the house, but I need to take stock of what's going on physically and attend to those things that need to be taken care of.

Remember our June focus on medicine and taking it when we are supposed to.  I have been working on that, and a few changes need to be made in the area of supplements.  So, that is part of my focus.  If that doesn't take care of things for me, then to the doctor I will go -- again.


Image Courtesy of  Salvatore Vuono
/FreeDigitalphotos.net
Weird things have been going on with me for several days.  Have you heard of the word Parethesia?  It is a sensation of tickling, tingling, burning, pricking, or numbness of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect.  It can also be experienced as a sense of the skin crawling.  Also, an old-fashioned term I have heard used for it is "nerves", which seems to be an accurate term, since the nerves are responsible for this.  Yesterday, I thought if had to experience one more second of this I could go mad;  however, I obviously didn't.  

Therefore, I am in the process of figuring out why this has gotten worse.  Sometimes, I can get relief by being active, but it is short-lived.  Therefore, I have been looking at my supplements and whether I am needing more of some I had let up on.  I am thinking magnesium may help, but I am going to check out  a few other things, as well.  The thought also occurred to me that my body may have grown too used to my dose of Cymbalta, so I may need to  call or see the doctor.  However, I would rather go the supplement route.  And I  think I will add another fish oil capsule.  I used to take 2, but I had dropped to 1.  I have heard fish oil is soothing to the brain.  It can't hurt anyway.

One thing I did not mention is the parethesia starts to bring on a certain amount of anxiety in me.  I am not sure which comes first, the chicken or the egg -- the parethesia or the anxiety;  however, I can think of no reason I have to be anxious other than I hate that sensation.

What do you think?  Have you experienced parethesia?




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah