Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Panic Attack Over Cleaning

Yep!  The title is true:  I had a panic attack over cleaning today.
Image Courtesy of [lamnee]/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

All I did was go to a popular cleaning site, and it started.  I knew I couldn't do all the things on there, and I
was pretty sure most of my readers would say, "You are expecting unrealistic things out of me if you think I can handle this.  Then I jumped over to a couple of blogs on cleaning and decluttering, but those seemed geared to healthy people.  After that I went to a book seller's site and looked at some of the cleaning books on there.  The panic attack went from small little vibes to heart pounding in the chest.

Stop!  Off the computer!

With my heart pounding, I walked into one of my messy rooms, set my timer for 10 minutes and started working.  Feeling pretty good about that, I set it for 10 more minutes:  then, I took my shower and had to hunt for clean summer pajamas.  So now, I have a no-brainer job for tomorrow:  do some laundry.

Image Courtesy of [Tongdang]/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Why do we put off laundry?  Well, maybe you don't, and sometimes I do keep it up.  However, I let this get away from me.  We have two people here making laundry, and I have two hampers full.  That does not count the accumulating towels.

The plan for this week is to start catching up laundry.  I suggest doing no more than you will fold and put away, unless someone is going to be out of clothes to wear to work.  Laundry can be caught up doing one load a day.  The important thing is to get started.

That is only the beginning.  For more come to my facebook page, Chronic Fatigue and Creative Decluttering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah