Wednesday, May 1, 2013

But God Hath Not Given Us a Spirit of Fear


Fear,  over cleaning off a table -- what is the deal here?

I don't think the  fear is about cleaning off a table: it is about what I have to do  after  I  clean off the table.  I have to figure out how to keep it that way.

Do you ever have fears that unexpectedly pop up?  All of a sudden, this irrational fear  envelops your being.  

Ask these questions:

What is the fear really about?
Has it been a hard day?
Are you on the edge of exhaustion?

It seems answering these questions might explain some aspects of fear.

What is the fear really about?  I'm afraid I will let the table go again.  If I use it, it will become a mess.  And I am weary of  trying to figure out what to shed from my life and where to put the keepers.  I want everything to be simple and clear, but life doesn't always cooperate.

Has it been a hard day?  Oh yes, from the very beginning.  I woke up dizzy and I am walking around in a fog that I don't want to give in to.  And I weighed -- I have gained all my weight back.

Are you on the edge of exhaustion?  Yes.  I am.  I live most of my life on the edge of exhaustion, trying to overcome it.

However, as I walked out of the room with the big table, I prayed God would take me step by step down His path.  I don't care how long it takes, as long as He is my guide.  So now when I should be fixing supper, I close my eyes and rest, thankful for frozen dinners.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.   2 Timothy 1: 7 (KJV)                                                                                               


2 comments:

  1. Dear Deborah, I realized just now that I missed you this week on the GSDer's posts link-up. I worried and wanted to stop by and say hello and check in on you! SO sorry to hear that you have been feeling bad. My prayers are going up for you, dear friend. God bless you today! Love, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cheryl. It is special to have you for a friend. I just woke up from a long afternoon nap to find your comment. What a blessing! Love, Debby

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah