Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why I Forgot Fibromyalgia Awareness Day


I was just reading Fibrofaery's Blog!, and I realized I failed to do something special for Fibromyalgia Awareness Day on Sunday, May 12, 2013.  However, it won't be the first time in my life I have done something late;  and besides, I did have one of my daughters, her husband, and seven grandchildren here on Saturday and Sunday for Mother's Day.  There is excuse number 1a.

Here are the rest:

  1. I overdid getting ready for their visit.
  2. I vacuumed 5 rooms for the first time in over two years or more ?!  (My excuse is my husband was breaking up soil with a tiller.)
  3. I cuddled grandchildren, read, and sang to them.
  4. I made an easy breakfast on Sunday morning.
  5. I collapsed Sunday morning, and went to church even though I probably shouldn't have.
  6. I played Crazy Eights on Sunday afternoon in my bed with one grandchild, then two.
  7. Actually, I think I went and laid down several times, because I felt horrible, but I did enjoy the visit.
  8. I walked around toys on the floor and tried not to break my neck.
  9. I think I am forgetting some things, but I'm sure you understand.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day, even though it was painful. It's great that the grandkids climbed up on bed to play a game with you, too. Forgetting things, well....that's fibro for ya :) God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking to my blog! It's such an honour to be mentioned by you- it's made my day!! :D

    I think you can be forgiven for forgetting! Hehe! Seven grandkids - wow! :D Despite the crazy it must be lovely to have such a big family, mine is tiny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That May 12th post was such a good one. I read the one about the wheelchair too, and I completely understand. You have to do what you have to do, and if that helps you get to go shopping or get out of the house, it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah