Saturday, February 15, 2014

How Cabin Fever Led Me to Clean Out My Make-up Drawer


My dear readers know I have been sick on top of chronic illness for three weeks.  Well, some do.  I haven't said too much about the throwing up this past week.  That is just icky.  I think it was a combination of the phlegm drainage and the antibiotic.  However, one cannot be sure.  Anyway, I went to the doctor, he prescribed medication, and I am better.  Now, I have another serious malady to cure:  Cabin Fever!

Yes!  Cabin Fever has hit.  I want to go to church.  I want to ride in the car.  I want to be around more people.  I need to do some of my own shopping.  Therefore, I am applying my own method of rehabilitation.  

  1. Dress (real clothes, not pajamas)
  2. Put on make-up and comb the hair
  3. Move my body  
I have been doing two and three;  but, I have only done one when I went to the doctor's office. 

 I really miss the day, the doctor  came to my house.  Yes, when I was a little girl, my doctor actually came to the house when I was sick.  Doesn't that seem more sensible, than a patient waiting in the car, because she is barfing? Not to mention exposing other patients to whatever is going around.  I was so glad when the doctor's office finally had an open examination room on Thursday.

End of that conversation and back to cabin fever. Today, I cured my cabin fever by shopping for new makeup.  I had decided I had to get makeup that was not contaminated by my eye infection and the flu.  Today, I washed all my make-up brushes in hot water, detergent, and bleach -- by hand.  I sat at my dresser and threw away makeup.  I will be adding pictures to "Saying 
Bye  to Clutter."  I also found my missing dental floss.



I got dressed, put on light make-up, and went to the drug store.  My husband was kind enough to drive me.  Thank goodness!  After walking around five minutes, I asked if they had a wheel chair.  The drug store did not have a wheel chair for customers.  What would they have done if I keeled over?  Oh yes, I would like to add that I wore a mask, because I know my immunity is low.  Also, I used hand sanitizer after I returned to the car.

Now, I will wait and see how I feel in the morning.  I plan on church or Sunday School, whichever I can get ready for.  I am picking out my clothes ahead of time.  Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah