Do you know how to read the signs of avoidance? Do you blame it on fatigue or the blues? Do you know how to make yourself do some of the things you are not getting done? Do you really want the day to just slip away?
Here are some of my obvious signs of avoidance. Please keep in mind that I feel fine.
- Staying in my p.j.'s. Yes, I know pajama days are a valid way of resting, but sometimes you just have to get regular clothes on to get moving.
- Staying on the computer too long.
- Walking by that bedroom chair that is piled with clothes.
- Walking by that full clean laundry basket.
- Starting to do a small cleaning project and getting conveniently distracted.
- Thinking of all kinds of things you Could do, but staying on the computer too long.
- Feeling bored when You have lots of things that you could do.
- Feeling guilty that you feel good, and you know you could get ahead on your work; but, you get a cup of coffee or some sort of snack to munch on. (That is one I try to avoid.)
I think I could probably come up with a much longer list, but I am tired of avoiding stuff. I think I am going to set my timer and do #8. After that, I will reboot my laundry or maybe I will do that first. Then, I am going to shower and wash my hair. I have really been avoiding that one, because it is cold here. Also, I am going to take the time to pat myself on the shoulder for the things I have gotten done, rather than feeling a vague sense of guilt and wondering if someone was judging me for sitting around a good part of the day. In fact, I am going to go ahead and congratulate myself for getting up today at an earlier hour, which is something I have been working on.
Here goes. I hope this will encourage you on one of your days of avoidance!!!!