Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Stop Walking By the Bags, and One Way to Use Them

Image Courtesy of [Keerati] \
FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Below is an example of something I left undone, and a quick tip.  Monday comes around so quickly, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, and so on. Sometimes, I wonder how the week went by so quickly and I haven't done more.  Do you ever feel that way?  Do you ever feel like giving up?  Well, join the club:   I think everyone has those moments--maybe even lots of them.  

The good thing is you do not have to curl up on the couch and say, "Oh me oh my, I will never get any of this picked up.  It is impossible."  Forget impossible.  With a mindset that says, "I can walk by that dining table and remove the empty bags I have left sitting for two weeks, you would be amazed at what you can get done.  Then, just do it.  Oh, you see more on the table.  That's OK.  Start somewhere.  If you are truly in need of rest, come back later and work on another area of your table.

You can use grocery bags to line small trash cans.  Using grocery bags for small trash cans may not be the prettiest thing in the world, but it saves on feeling like you need to wash trash cans.  Also, it makes emptying the small trash cans much easier.  Furthermore, it saves money on buying bags for that purpose.  I looked for the clear bags that were small, and I could not find them, so I am happy that I have something that saves my energy and my husband's energy.

Handyman.com shows a kleenex box filled with old grocery bags that has been fastened to the inside of a cabinet door.  I think this is a wonderful idea for a bathroom.  It would be simple to fasten on door using double stick tabs, and it would keep the bags there for a quick emptying of your basket.  No reason to wait, because you do not even have to walk to the kitchen or pantry to get a bag.  You can also see a picture of this on my Pinterest page.  

Can you believe it?  Just one idea posted.  I bet that's a record for me.
Oh!  I have to tell you:  I am a big fan of Microfiber and Swiffer Dusters.
I dusted so quickly in two rooms this past weekend, that even I could not believe it.  I was using a Microfiber mitt and a Swiffer duster.

Love you all.  Don't give up.  And take baby steps to get things done.  It works!

Deborah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah