Today, I'm not going to take the time to talk about some of the things that can drain us of energy. But, I would like to list some things to help us get back on track. I say "us", because I am writing this to me too. January and February have been slow months for me for quite a few years. I have noticed
a pattern, and I think this may be true for many of us.
|Image Courtesy of [-Marcus]/FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
When you are dragging more than usual, you can try...
- Making a shorter list of things to do.
- Listing 3 things to do, instead of 6 or 7.
- Breaking big jobs into smaller increments.
- Spending no more than 15 minutes on a chore -- rest -- then, finish.
- Delegating small jobs to other family members with age appropriate activities, letting them know how much they are contributing to family life. (This is great training for children.)
- Celebrating the things you are able to get done.
- Getting off your feet, and taking a break.
- Speaking to yourself with positive thoughts. Don't let the negative take over.
- Slowing down, doing something you enjoy.
- Sitting by the fire.
|Image Courtesy of [artur84]/FreeDigitalPhotos.net|