Friday, April 12, 2013

New Blog Look - Calming








Are you wondering about the new blog look?  Are you thinking it's strange I changed it again -- that I even took off the header I loved?  Let me tell you why.

Last night, I wrote about hypervigilance and the aggravation of too much light and noise coming into the brain of ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients.  I didn't say that this also happens to people who have Fibromyalgia.  I have been diagnosed with both;  and for the first time ever, it hurt my head to look at those bright colors and polka dots.  It was just too weird.  I love bright colors and quiet blues.  I enjoy the spectrum of colors, but my head felt like it was getting tighter and tighter as I saw the polka dots and the bright orange and pink.  I tried quieting it down, widening the sidebars and page, but nothing worked.

Therefore, I used this watercolor I had painted to give me a quiet background.  I tried some nature photos, but then I decided original would be nice.  The point is that the quietness of the blues were calming to my eyes and brain.  I could not read anything on the orange and focus, but I could with the blue.

Do you notice colors affect you?  Are some colors overstimulating at times?  I would love to hear what you think.

To read more about Hypervigilance in Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue patients, read Adrienne Dellwo's blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah