Friday, March 8, 2013

Getting Up Again

My illness has left me depleted and frustrated many times; and as the clutter begins to take over again, I wonder what my solution will be.  You see, I am not ready to give in and give up.  Are you?  Do you want to be stuck in a messy house that preys on your mind and spirit?  I know I don't.  I don't want to feel trapped by my clutter.

Therefore, I am coming up with a public experiment;  and, I would like you to join me if you have a chronic illness that impedes you in the action of keeping house or of leaving the house.   A couple of days ago, I felt sad, because I am so very tired of a messy house and a messy me.  At least, I feel messy.  I have not been able to keep up the FlyLady system.  Her system is wonderful, if you are well enough to clean.

The past month and a half, I have not been well, but I have been  able to make myself throw in a load of laundry or clean the toilet.  I have cooked a few meals;  but most of the time, I have sat in my recliner or I have been lying down in the bed.  I have not gone anywhere, because I have not had the energy.  I didn't even go to see the doctor.  Have you ever considered how crazy it is a sick person has to sit in a waiting room -- a person that needs to be in bed.  I still remember when the doctor came to our house -- when I was a child.

I have been praying, asking for help in this area;  and, I have started a Facebook Page dedicated to creative decluttering.  When you're sick, you have to be creative on those days you feel like you cannot possibly get started.  I will not be writing about decluttering here, because I felt I needed to share it with all who are clutter impaired,.  My first blog post on this subject is Deborah Lynne's Inspirations, Decluttering Encouragement.  The second one is Conquering the Clutter Monster.

My regular readers know that I struggle just like they do.  Perhaps, some readers have things more together than I do.  However, I know I am here to encourage you, we can get up again after we fall down.  Sometimes, we think we are ready to give up:  it seems our hope has left us.  We reach out to God with heartfelt prayers, and He gives us strength to go on -- something clicks.  My prayer is that something helps you to get up and keep on going will click, that your joy , peace, and will to go on will be a palpable thing to you.  If you have fallen, I pray you will be able to get up again, taking baby steps to a life that feels less topsy-turvy and more balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah