|Image Courtesy of [Ventrilock]/|
Another suggestion is hanging Christmas Balls
from a Chandelier at different levels or hang them
inside a window or over the headboard of a bed.
However, if you are going to have a party or dinner:
1. Make a checklist of things you need to do and buy.
2. Plan, Buy, and Cook ahead of time.
3. Hire a decorator and a caterer.
4. Barring the ability or desire to do number three, get the parts of your house you are going to decorate ready this week and decorate on the weekend. Also, I have an anti-FlyLady suggestion. If you have things sitting around that you do not have time or energy to take care of until after the holidays -- box them up and put them in the garage, attic, closet, or trunk of your car. If you can afford it, you can always rent a storage pod or shed. However, the danger is you will leave the things you put in the box and not unpack it. There is a tendency to ignore stored boxes, whether stored at home or otherwise. The box idea is a desperate measure.
5. Make your decorating simple, not elaborate. Candles and greenery, such as ivy, holly, or cedar looks nice on mantles and the center of tables. Another simple and cute idea for decorations is wrapping some different sized small boxes and stacking them on dressers in the bedrooms. This looks very festive. In fact, you could possibly let some of those boxes contain real gifts for Christmas Day. Also, glass Christmas balls in a bowl or glass containers look beautiful.
6. Spread decorating your tree over several days if you have many ornaments. Some day, I want to get a tree that already has the lights on it. I love real trees, but I have not bought one for about 15 years. The fake tree is definitely easier and it never turns brown. Moreover, there is nothing wrong with having a small tree. It does not make your Christmas Spirit less, because you have a small tree. Just the fact you want to entertain, shows you have an enormous amount of Christmas spirit. It is the fellowship that is important. By the way, have you ever thought of putting small inexpensive Christmas presents in a wicker basket with Christmas bows on it? That would be very cute.
7. Your house or apartment does not have to be perfect. You do not have to clean the oven and mop all the floors. Your company is going to walk on those floors, and if you have children over, the floors will definitely be dirty when they leave. I am seriously thinking of buying some antibacterial wipes for quick clean ups. They are something I don't usually buy, but they would be nice to have for quick cleanups in the bathrooms and in the kitchen.
During the next couple of days, I will write about some easy party and menu ideas. Also, I will try to come up with some simple last minute ideas for a spontaneous party. Perhaps, you have some great ideas you would like to share on my facebook page: I would love to hear from you.