Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unexpected Relief from Fibromyalgia Pain

Last night, my fibromyalgia pain was terrible.  I had a busy day, going to the doctor, short trips to a couple of stores, and working at home.  Medicine didn't help, and I needed relief. I told my husband I had not hurt this bad for a long time, that my body felt like it had the flu.  I had influenza in the early 1990's, so I know what it feels like--you hurt all over, continuously.  It is a terrible disease.

After having used an ice pack and a heating pad, I had an idea.  I had completely forgotten about a vibrating massage pad we have.  You know how it is.  You hide something in a closet for a while and forget about it, at least I did.  My sweet husband got that vibrating massage pad -- it has heat too -- and set it up in my recliner.  Ah, heaven.  I laid on that thing and relaxed.  I was too tired to read, to be on the computer, and I was barely watching the TV.  Pretty soon, I woke myself up with a light snore.  I had fallen asleep.

I cannot guarantee this would bring everyone relief.  All I know is it worked for me.  I was searching for the product we bought today, and I could not find it on the site we bought it from.  However, I did find some products that sounded compatible, so I have put them on my sidebars.  Also,  I read the reviews -- I always do, and these sounded close to what we have.  The important thing about these is the length.

Last night, it was my legs that were giving me the most misery.  My massage mat vibrates my legs too, and I can vary how much I vibrate and what part of my body I vibrate.  I do not know the exact physiology involved here, but I would think it increases circulation.  If I didn't already have one I would like one of those soft velvety looking  pads.  Reading the reviews gave me an idea.  I am going to try taking mine to bed and see if it will help me fall asleep.  I have a terrible time falling asleep.  I'll let you know how that works out.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah, I just found your blog this morning, and have read through several of them. Very inspiring!! As for the vibrating mat: I have one also, and my sweet husband suggested that I take it to bed with me one day when I was having a bad day. Amazing!! He spread it out on the bed for me and I lay down on it, before I knew it, I was waking up from a VERY LONG nap. It is wonderful to sleep on. Thank you for your blogs, and I will continue reading. A new fan...Gentle hugs...Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to meet you, Pamela. Thank you. It made my day to hear from you. ♥ Deborah

    ReplyDelete

It is always lovely hearing from you.
Deborah